The Resource The legend of rock paper scissors
- The legend of rock paper scissors
- Statement of responsibility
- Drew Daywalt ; pictures by Adam Rex
- You've played the game. Now read the legend of how it all began...Long ago, in an ancient and distant realm called the Kingdom of Backyard, there lived a warrior named ROCK. Meanwhile in the Empire of Mom's Home Office, a second great warrior sought the glory of battle. And his name was PAPER. At the same time, in the Kitchen Realm, in the tiny village of Junk Drawer, lived a third warrior. They called her SCISSORS. These three were the strongest, smartest, and fastest in all the land. Time and again they beat the most fearsome opponents they could find: an apricot, a computer printer--even frozen, breaded, dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets! But when the warriors finally meet each other, the most epic round of battles begins...and never ends. That is why, to this day, children around the world honor these worthy adversaries by playing ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS!--Provided by Publisher
- Beehive Children's Picture Book Award (Utah), 2019.
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland) for Picture Books, 2019.
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2017.
- Buckaroo Book Award (Wyoming), 2019.
- California Young Reader Medal, Primary, 2020.
- Colorado Children's Book Award, Picture Book, 2019.
- Flicker Tale Children's Book Award (North Dakota) for Picture Books, 2019.
- Golden Archer Awards (Wisconsin): Primary, 2020.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Picture Book Category, 2019.
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 2-3, 2018.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico): Roadrunners (Grades K-3), 2019.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2017
- Show Me Readers Award (Missouri), 2020.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for Primary School, 2019.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Picture Books, 2020.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Le 2017
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The legend of rock paper scissors
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The legend of rock paper scissors
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.evpl.org/resource/krAn92WZQF0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.evpl.org/resource/krAn92WZQF0/">The legend of rock paper scissors</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.evpl.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.evpl.org/">Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>