The Resource Between the world and me
- Between the world and me
- Statement of responsibility
- Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Whites -- United States -- Attitudes
- Race discrimination -- United States
- trueSociety and culture -- Race
- trueRace (Social sciences)
- trueRace relations
- trueUnited States -- Race relations
- trueAfrican Americans -- Identity
- African Americans -- United States -- Public opinion
- trueBlack Lives Matter movement
- trueAdult books for young adults
- HISTORY / United States / General
- BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Personal Memoirs
- SOCIAL SCIENCE / Discrimination & Race Relations
- trueLife stories -- Identity | Race and ethnicity
- African Americans -- United States -- Social conditions
- trueAfrican American men
- trueAutobiographies and memoirs
- "For Ta-Nehisi Coates, history has always been personal. At every stage of his life, he's sought in his explorations of history answers to the mysteries that surrounded him--most urgently, why he, and other black people he knew, seemed to live in fear ... In [this book], Coates takes readers along on his journey through America's history of race and its contemporary resonances through a series of awakenings--moments when he discovered some new truth about our long, tangled history of race, whether through his myth-busting professors at Howard University, a trip to a Civil War battlefield with a rogue historian, a journey to Chicago's South Side to visit aging survivors of 20th century America's 'long war on black people,' or a visit with the mother of a beloved friend who was shot down by the police"--
- ALA Notable Book, 2016.
- Alex Award, 2016.
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2015
- Booklist Editors' Choice: Adult Books for Young Adults, 2015
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Adult Nonfiction, 2016.
- Kirkus Prize for Nonfiction, 2015.
- Library Journal Best Books 2015
- National Book Award for Nonfiction, 2015.
- New York Times Notable Book, 2015
- School Library Journal Best Books: Best Adult Books 4 Teens, 2015.
- Street Lit Book Award Medal: Adult Non-Fiction, 2016.
- Assigning source
- Provided by publisher
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .C6335 2015
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of Between the world and me
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Between the world and me
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.evpl.org/resource/UyF7Ky6Gt38/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.evpl.org/resource/UyF7Ky6Gt38/">Between the world and me</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.evpl.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.evpl.org/">Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>